7 things you DIDNT KNOW about Idris Virgo Love Island new boy! Tue 10 July 2018 09:23

May 2024 · 5 minute read

Love Island 2018 has seen another saucy shake-up with Idris Virgo entering the ranks.

The 25-year-old professional boxer from Birmingham joined the Love Island 2018 cast alongside Kieran Nicholls during Monday night’s (9th July 2018) episode 31.

Frankie Foster and Grace Wardle were dumped to make way for the newbies, so let’s find a little more about them.

Here are 7 things you didn’t know about Love Island new-boy Idris Virgo.

Love Island 2018 contestants: Who are the remaining couples?

Boxer Idris is stepping into the villa tomorrow night, but will our girls be fighting for his attention? 🥊 #LoveIsland pic.twitter.com/joiOH2FgrR

— Love Island (@LoveIsland) July 9, 2018

View Tweet

1. Idris Had a Very Recent Professional Bout

Idris Virgo had only his second professional bout of his career on June 30th, 10 days before he entered the villa. Talk about going from one extreme to the other!

The super-middlewight from D&A School of Excellence beat Scott Hillman 40-36 on points to remain undefeated in two bouts.

Finally, we get to see some professional use of those boxing pads lying around the villa!

View this post on Instagram

Thank you to those who have been supporting me. I honestly wouldnt be where i am today if it wasnt for your ongoing support. I'd like to apologies to those who missed my fight; I don't know until the day what time my fight is however it was a win! Once again thank you for your support. Thank you too @eat_your_self_into_shape @danger_dna best coach out there. My team mate star boy @team__ellis Also @doesitbang @_trikky_ for the performance Also my sponsors #idrisvirgo #pro #boxer #iwll @itsmybigjohns @tlgmanagement @gym_black @304mens @seriousroyalty @nlfitness_dnaboxing @box_installations @jon.pegg @sameggington1 @topboxinguk @matchroomboxing @eddiehearn

A post shared by Idris Virgo (@idrisvirgo) on Jul 4, 2018 at 1:25pm PDT

View Instagram Post

2. He Applied For Big Brother in 2012

Social media has been blowing up after Idris Virgo’s old Big Brother application tape surfaced.

Found on YouTube, Idris applied for BB in 2012 when he was 18-years-old.

Calling himself “sexy chocolate”, it’s easy to see why this tape didn’t get him to the next stage of casting.

3. Idris is Ready to Break-up Kazimir and Josh

Talking to Love Island series four producers before entering the show, Idris announced one clear aim when it came to finding love.

The pro boxer wants a slice of the action with Kazimir Crossley and isn’t afraid of getting on the wrong side of boyfriend Josh Denzel.

Round one – ding-ding!

Love Island: Who is Kazimir Crossley? What is her ethnicity?

Idris said: “I know some of the girls are coupled up, like Kaz with Josh, so it would be a challenge with her but I’ll find a way of stealing Kaz because she is my type. I don’t mind stepping on people’s toes.”

The time has finally come! Who’s excited to see Idris in the @loveisland villa? Tune in tomorrow at 9pm on ITV2 😉 @itv #loveisland #loveisland2018

A post shared by Idris Virgo (@idrisvirgo) on Jul 9, 2018 at 2:27pm PDT

View Instagram Post

4. Anthony Joshua is His Idol

It may not come as a huge surprise, but unified Heavyweight World Champion Anthony Joshua is Idris’s idol.

His Twitter account is full of Joshua related tweets and retweets.

Idris also loves a bit of Dizzee Rascal… presumably because they both love a Flex!

They say you can't make it, it's because they're scared to try themselves or because they don't want you to 🙏🏾 #idrisvirgo #liveandmaintain pic.twitter.com/ElZYFkSF4Y

— Idris virgo (@Idrisvirgo) October 17, 2017

View Tweet

5. Idris is Into Fashion

Idris should slip smoothly into the villa considering his love for fashion.

The Bombshell can be seen flaunting plenty of poses on his Instagram account, not only repping sports attire but looking equally as fly in a suit.

Check out this little blue cross-hatch number, or that big brown overcoat.

You can BUY contestants clothes on the Love Island app!

Everyday,Everyminute,Everystep We get stronger. We are coming for Everything they said we couldnt have! #liveandmaintain #family #dna @nlfitness_dnaboxing @mista_honeyghan @danger_dna #stronger #strength #future #humble #champion

A post shared by Idris Virgo (@idrisvirgo) on Nov 30, 2017 at 1:20pm PST

View Instagram Post

Tushày Tailored- Two piece light blue plaid tailor fit custom suit made by @tushaytailored thanks for the sponsorship! Sharp inside the ring! Sharp outside the ring 😉#boxing #menstailor #menfashion #formal #style #dress #professional #proboxer #dna

A post shared by Idris Virgo (@idrisvirgo) on Nov 19, 2017 at 9:07am PST

View Instagram Post

6. He’s Always Had His Eye on Love Island

Endlessly scroll through Idris Virgo’s Twitter account and the first tweet you stumble upon is about Love Island – how bizarre!

Idris announced that he was going to apply for series four more than 12 months ago.

Little did he know that all his wildest dreams were about to come true, eh.

Applying for @LoveIsland next year 😅

— Idris virgo (@Idrisvirgo) July 4, 2017

View Tweet

7. Idris Could be the Buffest Man in the Villa

Competition to be the most muscle-bound and athletic hunk in the villa is pretty stiff.

However, with the departure of man-mountain Adam Collard, it looks like Idris could be taking over as king of the jungle.

As a professional athlete, he’s clearly in ridiculous condition.

https://www.instagram.com/p/6TOG0Ay3It/?hl=en&taken-by=idrisvirgo

WATCH LOVE ISLAND EVERY NIGHT (EXCEPT SATURDAY) ON ITV2, AT 9 PM.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7s7HApaCtsaSewaO102eaqKVfma61tc2gZnBlpJ22r7PSZrCorV2ZtqW602aip6enYq6ju9StZKKcop7AbsLIq56oZZykw6Z5yKyjmqaUYrumw4ybprI%3D